Join the #holoauthor family
No matter what type of business you’re in, nothing is more important to personal brand than storytelling. No one knows that more than us authors. A good story helps our customers to connect with us; it helps us to stand out from the crowd. And in this day and age of information overload, it can be difficult to feel like you are standing out.
Holonis is a new social media platform that allows you to tell the story of your personal brand, and it’s garnering a lot of attention. Holonis gives you a webpage, a blog, a shop, and a central location where you can lead visitors to anywhere else you are on the web. All for free.
There are really four types of content on Holonis: posts, pages, channels, and shop items. Posts are pretty straightforward. You can use them to post links, status updates, photos, anything you want. Pages are more like blog posts, but you can also make a page that is a photo gallery or contains different forms of media. Channels give you a way to organize your content so that it’s easier for your followers to navigate your Holospace (profile on Holonis). And the shop gives you a place to sell products and services.
Currently, there aren’t a lot of writers taking advantage of the platform. Here’s why you should be:
1. Holonis supports and empowers creators. At the bottom of the Holonis homepage, it says, “Creators are the future. This is where they thrive.” Whether you’re a writer, an artist, a musician, a model, or an entrepreneur, Holonis is the social media platform designed specifically with creators in mind.
Every author needs an author website: a central location where readers can go to learn about them and their books. It’s also good to create content that will attract new readers—whether that’s blog posts, videos, or infographics. Your Holospace can act as an author website, but you won’t have to pay for a domain name or web hosting, and there’s an audience built right in.
2. You can sell products right from your Holospace. One of the best things about Holonis is that your Holospace can have a store where you can sell your books or any other products and services you might offer. This is huge. Social media has been a great place to gain attention and attract followers, but eventually, you have to get your followers to go somewhere else to buy your products or services, whether it’s a retailer or your website. Finally, Holonis has given us a social media platform and a store right in one place.
A lot of us authors also offer freelancing services, and Holonis is a great place to sell those services and attract new clients. There aren’t a ton of people on the platform offering freelance writing or editing services right now, either, so you can get in early and be more visible. There are also freelancers you may need to hire on Holonis, like book cover designers.
The shop integrates with your PayPal, and Holonis doesn’t charge any fees. You can also use it to keep track of inventory and shipping.
3. Holonis is in its early stages. All of the early adapters of YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter became big influencers on those platforms, and the people on Holonis right now have a chance to do the same thing. I’ve only been on Holonis for a little over a month, and I’ve had several conversations with CEO, Richard Hollis, who also frequently engages with the content created by me and many other creators I’ve met on the platform. He’s also incredibly supportive of us.
So Holonis is big enough to attract actors like Charlie Sheen, rappers like The Game and T.I., and other celebrities like Paris Hilton, but the CEO of the entire platform is still accessible to artists, authors, and creators like myself who are still attracting followers and readers.
4. You can use Holonis to share to other social media platforms. There are so many platforms that authors can use to promote their books. Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Snapchat. Who can keep up? Holonis makes it so easy to share your content on the other platforms that tools like Hootsuite are no longer needed. Holonis isn’t really competing with the other social media platforms, but rather it collaborates with them to help you share your content, manage your social media, and get back to the important part of your job: the actual writing.
5. You’re more visible on Holonis. Unlike other social media platforms, Holonis pages are designed for optimal search engine optimization (SEO). Whenever you post a page on Holonis, it gets indexed on Google as an article. This allows you to rank for whichever keywords the way you would with a blog post. You can also embed your products and services right into your pages. So if you write a page that ends up ranking for gardening tips for the fall in Virginia, for example, and it gets a lot of traffic, those visitors will have the option at the end of your page to purchase your book on gardening tips in Virginia. Convenient!
You’re also more visible on Holonis because it isn’t overly saturated yet. While many platforms are making certain posts more visible than others or promoting sponsored posts, Holonis still has a level playing field. Model, Brooke J. Sands, has gained a lot of attention on the Holonis. “Besides the fact that Holonis is a revolutionary platform, the fact that it’s not completely oversaturated has provided me with exposure I never would have had on other social media platforms,” Sands says.
6. There is more authenticity on Holonis. My husband, Peter Lang, is a digital marketer and motivational speaker, and he’s pointed out to me that there are a lot of “successful” marketers on other platforms filming videos in front of mansions they don’t live in or Lamborghinis they’ve rented for the day, trying to convince you they’re millionaires who can reveal the secret to making a ton of money. He even started #holonismohonest. In my short time on the platform, I’ve noticed a great deal of authenticity and transparency in the people I’ve gotten to know.
Transparency is very important to all the authors I know, especially the indie ones. Even though I’ve only been on the platform for a little over a month, I’ve found that Holonis is not only a place where I can connect with readers, but it’s also a place where I can connect with other writers and creators, who all understand the difficulties that creators are often faced with.
7. Holonis is a great place to build your brand. On Holonis, you can engage with your readers and build your personal brand as an author. Richard Hollis says, “Your Holospace is your platform and voice to the world. Consider it your dynamic connected website. Holonis empowers any person, business or entrepreneur to be found online. And in a digital economy, your brand online is everything!”
As I’ve browsed Holospaces over the last month belonging to actors, models, filmmakers, rappers, painters, photographers, other writers, and every other kind of content creator, the one thing I’ve noticed that they all have in common is that a Holospace is the perfect place to tell the story of your brand. And as authors, I think that’s something we can all get excited about.
You just finished reading Guest Post: 7 Reasons Authors Should Be on Holonis which was published on The Digital Reader.